Creating a Twitter Account in 5 Minutes
- Go to http://twitter.com and find the sign up box, or go directly to https://twitter.com/signup. If you’re using a cell phone, download the Twitter App.
- Enter your full name, email address, and a password.
- Click Sign up for Twitter.
- On the next page, you can select a username (usernames are unique identifiers on Twitter) — type your own or choose one we've suggested. We'll tell you if the username you want is available. (Can be changed later.)
- Double-check your name, email address, password, and username.
- Click Create my account. You may be asked to complete a Captcha to let us know that you're human.
- Twitter will send a confirmation email to the address you entered on sign up, click the link in that email to confirm your email address and account.